My DIY Irish Cream Plan
My Fellow Inebriates,
I’ve still got time before the holidays to make my very own Irish cream liqueur, but I don’t have a clue whether it will work. Here’s the recipe we have stuck to the fridge:
- 100g milk chocolate – got it; must act quickly so my mum doesn’t eat it.
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk – got it.
- 375ml can evaporated milk – huh? I guess we have to get some.
- 150ml pouring cream – what the hell is pouring cream? If anybody knows, please shoot me a comment…
- 1 tablespoon strong plunger coffee (brew just before you need it to keep it fresh) – uh, okay.
- 375ml (half bottle) of whiskey – and here lies the emergency, as we have not got this precious ingredient.
- Place chocolate in a double-boiler over near-boiling water until melted. OMG, what is a double-boiler?
- Remove chocolate from heat and, working quickly, whisk in the condensed milk (whisk fast to ensure mixture does not separate).
- Add to a large bowl, add in the evaporated milk, and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the coffee, cream and whiskey.
- Pour into sterilized bottles. That part sounds like too much work.
- Store for up to 6 weeks. That part sounds impossible.