My Fellow Inebriates,
I’ve still got time before the holidays to make my very own Irish cream liqueur, but I don’t have a clue whether it will work. Here’s the recipe we have stuck to the fridge:
- 100g milk chocolate – got it; must act quickly so my mum doesn’t eat it.
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk – got it.
- 375ml can evaporated milk – huh? I guess we have to get some.
- 150ml pouring cream – what the hell is pouring cream? If anybody knows, please shoot me a comment…
- 1 tablespoon strong plunger coffee (brew just before you need it to keep it fresh) – uh, okay.
- 375ml (half bottle) of whiskey – and here lies the emergency, as we have not got this precious ingredient.
- Place chocolate in a double-boiler over near-boiling water until melted. OMG, what is a double-boiler?
- Remove chocolate from heat and, working quickly, whisk in the condensed milk (whisk fast to ensure mixture does not separate).
- Add to a large bowl, add in the evaporated milk, and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the coffee, cream and whiskey.
- Pour into sterilized bottles. That part sounds like too much work.
- Store for up to 6 weeks. That part sounds impossible.
Okay, so we need some stuff, and then—panic, panic—we need to use the stove. My friend Blackie Bear always cautions to never get mistaken for the oven mitt. You can douse me in Irish cream and no worries, as I’m a Bailey’s-colored animal already, but I’m deathly afraid of getting burned to death. So there’s no way I’m sterilizing any bottles, people; that’s just dancing with danger. Bears have all kinds of enzymes to combat food poisoning, so it’s no problemo. Just look at my friend Scarybear, who eats garbage all the time and never gets sick. He looks like ass but he’s plenty healthy.